Transfers and Refunds
I need to transfer my race entry”
Especially since Covid-19, and for safety reasons – the race organisers must have the correct contact details for each athlete. Therefore as stated in the event waiver, we ask that you DO NOT give your bib to someone else.
Transfer of a registration to another person is only available up to 01 August 2021, and will incur a $20 administration fee
1. Please contact us with the name and email address of the person you would like to transfer your entry to.
2. The receiving athlete will need to register at the full price before we are able to refund your entry fee minus the $20 transfer fee.
Any request for a transfer must be made in writing
“I’d like a refund on my entry”
- Withdrawals up to 01 July 2021 will receive a 50% refund (or defer to 2022 event, and incur a $20 administration fee)
- Withdrawals from 02 July to 01 August 2021 will receive a 25% refund (or defer to 2022 event, and incur a $20 administration fee)
- There will be no refunds or deferments after 01 August 2021*
- Any request for a refund must be made in writing
Where eligible, please allow up to 7 days for your refund to be processed. The refund will be automatically issued to the credit card originally used to pay for the registration. If this card has since been cancelled or has expired, please email us.
Any additional purchases (including but not limited to) transport fees, register now fees, pre booked meal options and credit card fees at the time of entry are non-refundable at any time.
Please note: This event is run by volunteers and is a fundraiser for the Trust so any money (after fixed unrecovered costs) will be used for trail maintenance. If you are not eligible or choose not to process a refund, your “donation” will be gratefully received and documented.
“What happens if the event is cancelled?”
In the event of cancellation of the race due to any adversity, be it weather, flooding or any other force majeure, including restrictions due to Covid 19, the organising committee reserves the right to decide whether to defer entries to the 2022 event (after which point there would be no refunds), and/or to make arrangements for entrants to request a 60% refund. This will be communicated to all participants via email.
What about Covid-19 restrictions ?”
Under the terms of the Sponsors agreements, we are only permitted to operate the event at level 1.